Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2017

4 Ways To Create A Good Reading Habit

As a goal oriented person, I took the time out at the beginning of this year to ask myself these questions : Where do I want to be at the end of this year ? and How do I want to achieve this things ? So i did a kind of thinking or better put meditation on these questions and found out the exact answers to them.
Yes I had goals for myself and at least a viable plan to meet those goals. Yes I want to have been this , I want to have achieved this, I want to have done those and blah blah blah. But what are my plans to achieving these my goals?
I read somewhere that what we are is a matter of our habits. Simple as that statement is, it imprinted in me like seriously. So I asked myself, what habits do I need to cultivate if I am to become the kind of person I want to be at the end of 2017 ? Through researches both on and offline, I got some habits I wanted to inculcate in myself to become the kind of person that I am.
One of such habits is the reading habit. What is this reading habit ? How can one cultivate the reading habit ? What are the benefit of a cool reading habit ? These are the questions to be answered in this weeks Monday Motivational Moment MMM4.

So what exactly is the reading habit I am talking about ?
This is an habit one keeps such that one reads one thing or the other in a regular pattern. A person with a good reading habit makes sure he or she reads something every waking moment. This may be a piece of literature, an academic book, a religious one, a piece of newspaper, magazine , blog post etc. It can even be research materials like dictionaries.
How can one cultivate good reading habits ?
1. Set a goal over a period of time.
Have it as a goal to finish a particular piece over a reasonable period of time. This keeps you focused on keeping your good habit. I personally has it as a goal to read at least a book in every month. Another of such is reading the bible in the year. Want to make an habit of reading ? Set a goal for yourself.
2. Create time for reading just as you do for eating. Have you ever seen a man who is as busy as not setting a time for eating in a 24 hour period of time ? This is so because food provides the body with nourishment. How much more we need to on nourish our minds and hearts through reading. This time might be late in the night or early in the morning. Choose a time that suits you. Period.
3. Avoid procrastination. Kill it now, never postpone. The time is that very moment. Don't Fall into the habit of "latering" reading.
4. Avoid distractions. Off your phones. Don't read in front of a television. Off your stereo. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

When you have done all these, you will created for yourself a good reading habit and the benefits are endless. Readers are leaders. They are well informed. They can draw on experiences of others through the lines of the pages they read and can therefore make wise decisions in their everyday life.

To good habits.


www.ogunleyeakinola.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jide Ogunsanya.